Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"Antlanta" Trip

We just got back from our trip to Atlanta, or "Antlanta" as Channing calls it, to see Tiffany, Kevin, and kids. We had so much fun. The girls loved hanging out with the cousins. We went to this place called Pump It Up, which has huge inflatable bounce toys. It gave the kids a bad case of the "Justice socks."
We went swimming at a pool where weren't allowed to have any sort of flotation device, not even life jackets for the little kids, no goggles that cover your nose, and no toys in the pool. I'm surprised we didn't get in trouble for laughing and having a good time. But the kids still loved it and several of them threw a fit when it was time to leave. We also went to the The Underground (which used to be the original mainstreet where slaves were traded and sold. They have built present day ground level above it and restored the original into a shopping center/tourist site. It was cool.
I think we made cookies every night we were there. They were usually gone by the next morning. One morning we actually had a few left but Corbin knew it wouldn't last long. He was so worried that if he went to school he would miss out on the last few cookies. We love our sweets!!
Thanks Tiff for making it a fun-filled weekend. I love hanging out with family and wish we could be closer to everyone. We are looking forward to our trip home for the Family Reunion in July.

9 comments:

Bertie said...

What a fun weekend! Did you save me any cookies? Glad you are back:)

Moke said...

That looks like fun. I want to go on vacation to both yours and tiffs house. When I saw the picture of the socks I knew exactly why you took the picture, "Justice Socks". I'm glad you guys took lots of pictures and shared them with us

Adri and Cory said...

I laughed so hard at the "justice socks"!! I had forgot about that!! Looks like everybody had so much fun. Wish I could have been there!

Andrea said...

Amber! How are you? I saw the link to your blog on the Robinson's page. Yeah! I get to read your blog now. Your girls are growing up so fast!

sheriee staub said...

G'ma Sheriee and Papa love the pictures of your trip. We are so happy for you when you get to spend time with your family Amber. We love having you near but we are happy to share. These two little girls are so precious to us. Looks like you had a great time. I must be truly out of it - I have NO idea what Justice Socks are - duh!!!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

How fun! Your girls are too cute!

Behling Family said...

Looks like you guys had a really fun time. I loved the Justice sock comment that was so funny. That is a perfect picture of it. Wish we all could have been there.

Burk Family said...

Okay, after New Beginnings tonight I want a new post.

Melanie Rossi said...

i'm so glad you found my blog! And you did go to Atlanta. I'm glad for you! Your blog is so cute!