Monday, November 17, 2008

Halloween...2 1/2 weeks late.

As you all know, I struggle with keeping up on my blog. Every time I sit down to write an entry I think to myself...I'll just quickly read everyone's new blog entries and then write my own. But by the time I'm finished reading, my computer time is up. That's right, I actually have to give myself an allotted amount of computer time or else my day would slip away with me sitting at the computer while the girls run crazy through the house.

So, today is the day. I'm going to post a new entry!


HALLOWEEN:

The girls were black cats this year.

Chloe originally wanted to be a cowgirl until Channing decided to be a cat. Then, that was all Chloe wanted to be. We tried to talk her back into the cowgirl because my friend let me borrow a cute pick cowgirl outfit and I found a pink trimmed cowgirl hat and some adorable brown and pink boots at Goodwill, but there was no changing her mind. We thought, maybe if she tried on the costume she would see how cute she looked and change her mind.

That didn't happen. So, she got to be a little black cat like her big sister.

Wes, Kate, Logan and Ben came down from Dallas and spent Halloween weekend with us. We went to the trunk-or-treat party at the church. The kids had a great time.




The last part of October and first part of November is a busy time for birthdays in our family. We celebrated 4 birthdays throughout the weekend.

Our little Channing turned 5 years old on Nov. 1st. She is such a joy to have around and is a good big sister to Chloe. Every Sunday she comes out of her primary class with a few snacks folded up in a napkin to give to Chloe. A lot of times it will be as simple as a fruit snack, usually stuck to the paper towel, and 2 or 3 goldfish, or 1 peanut butter cracker, but it's always something. We love her so much.
Ben turned 2 years old on Nov. 2nd. He is a little cutie pie and it was fun having him here to celebrate his birthday. He may have gotten a little ripped off on his cake though(my fault). It doesn't look like a very fun and exciting cake for a little 2 year old. We opted for 1 cake for all the birthdays so we wouldn't have a ton of leftovers and due to lack of time, I didn't even get it decorated. Sorry Benny.

We also celebrated Ryan and Wes's birthday.
Ryan is a great husband, my best friend and a very caring and doting dad. I am blessed to have someone that I enjoy hanging out with after 9 years of marriage.

I guess I should say something about Wes since I said something about the other 3. Let see what is there to say.............ummm.....
Ok, just joking, Wes is a fun brother-in-law and he actually acts like he doesn't mind when I'm on his team for sand volleyball at the lake house. This is a big deal to me, since I'm slightly challenged when it comes to sports. I'm glad they live close enough that we can see them often.

Grandma and Papa had a great time with the grandkids and Papa took advantage of the Halloween holiday and tried to scare the kids with a very creepy mask. Grandma came to their rescue and made him promise not to scare them too bad. Next year they might not be so lucky.

That pretty much sums up our weekend.

10 comments:

The Staub Squad said...

You forgot to mention our twice-in-one-day trip to Kohls. We got some pretty good stuff.

Stephanie said...

I love it when you post! I love how the girls are making cat claws in their picture. Did you ever find a good spot for your picture from your last post? I went to a wedding a couple weekends ago and got to take home a pumpkin center peice with flowers in it, loved it. I thought I would take it to you as a house warming gift because I am always meaning to get you one. But, by the time Wed came around it wasn't looking so hot and I thought a leaky pumpkin with dying flowers doesn't exactly say congrats on the new house. So, it may be officially too late now, but I still want to see it some time!

Stevie and Meesha said...

YAY a post:) We have been waiting for this for awhile!! They look very cute in their halloween costumes but I might say Chloe looks very cute in her cowgirl outfit...but what can you do:) I hope everyone had a wonderful birthday:) Sounds like you had a pretty busy week though...i'm very impressed how you get things done!!

T said...

That picture of Chloe as a cow girl just kills me! The girls look so cute in their kitty costumes. You did great improvising on Channings!

Looks like Channing had a fun birthday too. It's so nice to have cousins to share fun things with!

sheriee staub said...

We all love it when you post. The pictures are adorable, and I feel blessed I got to see them in person. It was a great, fun filled weekend. It is always fun when siblings/cousins, etc. are around each other. We will start to prepare the kids early next year for Papa's mask with the blinking eye:)
Love, G'ma Staub

Adri and Cory said...

We too have been waiting for this day!!! We love to see the girls. They are getting so big and looked so cute in their costumes! Poor little Chlo. The Cowgirl outfit was adorable but nothing is as good when you can be matching with your big sister. Can't wait to see you guys soon!

Bertie said...

That is so cute that Chloe wanted to be a cat just like Channing:) How fun!!

Anonymous said...

The picture of Chloe in the cowgirl outfit says it all! Sounds like you've been busy with birthdays!

Jen Petty said...

So many birthdays! I think it is great you have a time limit for computer use... I need to do something like that... I LOVE the picture of Chloe in the cowgirl costume. PRICELESS! I think her expression made it even cuter!

John and Ashley said...

I love the sad cowgirl picture. That is so classic. When they get their minds made up there is just no stopping them.