Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Week of Favorites

My Favorite Purchase:

I love this framed sketch. I found it in the gift shop at Enchanted Forest, which is an amazing garden center. It has already been placed in several different spots around my house. I'm trying to find the perfect spot.

My Favorite Snack:

Toaster Strudels are the best! Whenever I see a commercial on TV for these babies, or when my eye catches them at the grocery store, I secretly wish I had a freezer full of them. What's better than a toaster strudel fresh out of the toaster, spread with frosting that covers the top and melts over the sides? YUM!! I love them but I never buy them...except this time I did. So far no one else has spotted them in my frezzer so they're ALL MINE!

My Favorite Lunch: Chloe and I had a picnic outside. She was so excited for our mommy-Chloe lunch. The weather here is beautiful right now and we're taking advantage by spending a lot of time outside.

My Favorite Conversation:
Lately Chloe has been waiting until the last minute to run to the bathroom and winds up going while standing right in front of the toilet. She has done this several times. Ryan finally suggested that we have her help clean it up and maybe that would solve the problem. So the next time it happened I told her she would have to help me clean it up. She did. Later that day we had this conversation-
Chloe: Mom, do I look like a mom?
Me(totally unaware of where this was headed): No, not yet sweetie.
Chloe: Then I can't clean up my own pee!
What was I thinking!

My Favorite Thing Caught On Camera:

As I was making dinner I looked out my kitchen window and saw Channing and Chloe on the slide with the snorkel gear on. I grabbed my camera and ran outside.

As I watched this on my computer I realize how horrible I sound snickering each time she falls. It just looked so funny.

What are some of your favorites this week?


23 comments:

T said...

At least you caught your breath long enough to ask if she was okay. I would have been rolling on the ground laughing. That is hilarious. I will be back several times to watch it again. Walking in flippers IS very tricky.....and a golden opportunity to laugh at someone else's expense.

I heart toaster strudels myself. They are solely resposible for all the weight I gained when I moved away to college. I had getting every last drop of icing out of the plastic down to a fine science.

Stevie and Meesha said...

At least you didn't laugh the entire time like i did! Every time she feel I started to laugh! Its a good thing I wasn't around at the time! I remember the first time I tried I about fell on my face! They are tricky little things!

I love that you have the lunches with the girls? Is that something you do often with just one at a time or both of them?

Amber Staub said...

Meesha- Channing happen to be at a play group the day I had lunch with Chloe. I love the one on one time.

Leslie said...

my mom has a huge print of that da vinci drawing in her house. i love it too!

Bertie said...

I love this favorites post of yours! The converstion with Chole and her asking if she looks like a mom is hilarious!! LOL!

Channing walking around in flippers is a hoot!

So fun!

Stephanie said...

I've never had toaster strudels, something tells me I may try them soon. I love the picture and heard of Enchanted Garden recently, is it nice? I LOVE gardens. You have the cutest girls, I like that they had the idea to put on snorkle gear on the slide. And, Chloe sounds very smart.

Heather said...

I am so glad to have caught up with all you Stream ladies! This post cracked me up. Aren't kids great? It's hard to believe we are almost all with kids of our own now. When did that happen? My brothers need to do some catching up though.

Sharp Clan said...

Amber, How exciting to hear from you! This "blogging world" is amazing. You have beautiful girls, but I would not have expected anything different. It's funny because I had found your blog a week or two ago through Korie's, but I didn't know if it was OK to be a blog peeper, so I'm glad to know that it is. Anyway your fam is too cute, so glad to hear that you are doing so great!
Loves... Brydi

Amy and David said...

That video is hilarious and you're going to have to give me directions to the Enchanted Garden.

Melynda said...

I love that video! Your girls are so cute.

Adri and Cory said...

Oh....I was laughing so hard at the video. You did very good to keep your self together. I like Tiff would have(and was when I was watching)been rolling. We also will be visiting often, the kids keep asking to see it again. I LOVE Toaster Strudels. We don't get them that often. Cory thinks they are a waste of money:-(

Jen Petty said...

LOVE the video. I love Channing's walk with the flippers, and hey, at least you asked if she was okay!

John and Ashley said...

That is so cute. My kids have flippers to. It is quite funny to watch them try and get the hang of it.

Burk Family said...

Looks like she takes after Mommy, right?? SOOO cute. And I love your new picture. Don't you love things like that? I do the same thing. I want it everywhere so I put it in like 10 different places to see where I like it best.

sheriee staub said...

Amber - great blogging, very entertaining. Channing is so funny in the flippers. Cute pic of you and Chloe, and, of course, great purchase of the picture at Enchanted Forest - I knew you would love it there! We need a picture on the blog of Channing's missing tooth.
Sheriee

Mel Bernard said...

Hi Amber!! I have peeked at your blog a few time through Ashleys and I enjoy reading so I added you as one of my links... I hope that is ok?
This post was SOOO cute!! Also I am so happy to see that Nat joined the blogging world!!

Kori said...

I am so glad things are going good. I'm glad you shared! Your girls are way too cute. I sure they will thank-you for it later! :)

Elise said...

At least you asked if she was ok i would have just laughed my butt off. I think she did pretty well. I also think that you could win you some money on AFV so you better be sending it in. So the whole blog thing i am still a work in progress. I got bloccked so that they could make sure i was not spam but after the review they let me back on. I not sure what my blog name is so i hope that by posting on yours you will be able to get to me if not let me know i will figure it out.

Jennifer and Jason said...

Hey Amber! It's Jenn Locke (avery)! I found Tiff on facebook and now I found all of you. Your kids are adorable...how fun to have 2 girls!! Hope the weather has cooled down in Texas!

Abby said...

Love the video--whish I were out there too, watching our kids be silly together. Your girls are hilarious. Cubby told me this week my job is to clean the house...what could I say?

Anonymous said...

I drove by the Enchanted Forest the other day! We for sure have to go there! Toaster Strudell's are a house favorite here too but we eat them in one day... so I try not to buy them either!

Shanna said...

I am still laughing!!! Your comments and videos are great!

Anonymous said...

I love the conversation on the pee-Lauren has been known to lose it right in front of the toilet too! I love that video- epecially how Chloe tries to mimic Channing's "walk".. Connor would be flattered to know that he has an admirer!
Love,
Angie