Monday, November 24, 2008

Can I Build It? Yes I Can!

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine had a baby shower. Her sister, who threw the shower, asked me if I would bring some sort of fruit tray. She sent me a link to a cute idea that I could try. I opened up the link and this is what I saw.

I thought to myself, "Who does she think I am, Martha Stewart?" "There's no way I can make that."

But it did look pretty cute so I talked myself into giving it a shot.

This was my end result: It's just a little carriage because I couldn't find a big watermelon.

I would like to thank:

1. Bertie for giving me the idea and believing I could do it.

2. Channing for being my cheerleader along the way. She kept saying, "Good job mom! It's looking like the picture."

3. Chloe for taking a wonderful nap. Sometimes it's hard having, not 2, but 4 extra helping hands.

4. And last of all, HEB grocery store for having a decent price on out of season fruit. I couldn't have done it without them.

The girls loved the carriage and couldn't wait until the next morning because I promised them any leftovers. It's funny how in their eyes the ordinary fruit turned into something extraordinary when put inside a watermelon baby carriage.

So if you ever need a cute fruit dish idea for a baby shower, here are the instructions.

16 comments:

Bertie said...

Yes- it was so super cute- and YES- I TOTALLY KNOW you are Martha Stewart- minus the inside trading bit- and that is why I thought of you to do it:)

Mandi said...

That turned out great! Super cute. I know what you mean by the extra set of hands and don't you just love nap time, the only time you can really get things accomplished.

The Staub Squad said...

That is really cute. I would compare you to Martha.

Stevie and Meesha said...

WAY WAY CUTE:) we are very impressed by your skills...I will for sure have to use that link when my friends start having babies...that is when and if:) I am glad that we got to see you this weekend...it was fun but I am sad that you didn't get to stay for Thanksgiving:) Hopefully in a couple of months we will see you guys!

Amy and David said...

Yes that is adorable! Great Job Amber!

Heather said...

WAY CUTE!!! Love cute ideas like that!

Jen Petty said...

CUTE... CUTE! I've never doubted your abilities, but now I can see them more than ever before... Way to go!

sheriee staub said...

I was an eye witness to how adorable the carriage was. I was very proud of your accomplishment Amber. You have soooooooooo many talents!
Love, Sheriee

Mel Bernard said...

How cute and what a great idea!!

Anonymous said...

You did do an awesome job. I like that you thanked Chloe for having a nap! I wish Lauren hadn't stopped, especially now that I'm trying to get my Christmas stuff up!

T said...

Wow! I'm so impressed!! Yours looks better than the example picture (apologies if a friend reading this made the one in the example picture).

I would have cut a melon in half and stuck in a melon baller! I don't have much patience for such things.

John and Ashley said...

That is so cute, way to go.

John and Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Amber, look at you getting down with your crafty self! Good job!

Abby said...

That is amazing! You found your inner Martha too. Cute idea.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

wow! great job! I am impressed. You rock!