Friday, August 29, 2008

How Hard Can It Be?

Those were the words that came out of my mouth as Ryan and I discussed selling our home and me having to have the house "show ready" all the time. I love having a clean house and do my best to keep it pretty clean, so I thought it would be fairly easy to be ready to show our house at any minute. Oh how I was wrong! It's a whole different type of clean when you're showing your house. Nothing can be conveniently put in a closet to get it out of sight. You can't just close doors to certain room if those rooms are a bit disheveled. I did however get a pointer from a friend that if you're in a pinch and need somewhere to HIDE you miscellaneous stuff, go for the dryer or the fridge. These are 2 places that people usually won't look. I discovered that Ryan used this method and found it very successful. When I came home from one of my trips to Utah, I was putting groceries away and found the pan he used to boil his shrimp, with all the shrimp shells in it, in the freezer. Guess who got to take care of it then?

I am happy to say that we closed on our new house and have moved in, which means I no longer have to have our home "show ready" Yahoo!!! I will post pictures soon.

14 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congrats!!! When we were selling our house I was in school full-time too.....seriously what was I thinking!!! Hardest thing ever. I want to see pics.

Leslie said...

oh i didn't know you were moving! same ward?

Andrea said...

Wow! How exciting! I didn't know you were moving? Are you still in the same ward? I want to see pictures as well. And no, you don't have to be fully unpacked and decorated before you can share pics.

Moke said...

Oh YAY!!! amber I am so happy for you! I bet you guys are so relieved. Congrats. Are you guys coming for thanksgiving this year. It's not to far away!

sheriee staub said...

Yeah - It is so great to have you still in our ward, and sooooooo much closer. G'ma and Papa are so happy, and your new home is awesome!
Love - G'ma and Papa

Melanie Rossi said...

I heard you were moving. I have to come see your new place.

T said...

Can't wait to see pictures of your new home! I am so happy for you that you don't have to deal with keeping it show ready anymore! That is nearly impossible with little kiddos!

Stevie and Meesha said...

too bad your new house isn't here in utah :( But what can you do? Maybe all our family should have a fast so you and tiff could live closer. Tell your in-laws that they need to fast too. lol. ok maybe they won't, but they are invited. I'm glad you got your house sold and that you are moved into your new one. We hope to save enough so that we can come down soon. I think that would be fun.

Mandi said...

Amber, how exciting new houses are so much fun! I have been reading through your blog and have enjoyed seeing how cute your little family is. Your mom shared everyone's blog addresses with me so maybe I can keep in touch with you all. Oh yeah this is your cousin Mandi.

Abby said...

congrats! (my sister once melted a bunch of sippy cups and whatnot when she forgot she had hidden them!) i love how neat and tidy it all sounds from where i sit--it sounds so easy how you just sold your house and now live in a new one! you are very organized though so i wouldn't be that surprised.

John and Ashley said...

I didn't know you guys were moving. That is so exciting. I can't wait to see the pics. I can't imagine keeping my house "show ready". Teresa had my kids over night so I cleaned my house and 20 minutes after they got here there were things out of place and spills on the floor. I told Johnny, "This is so frustrating."

Anonymous said...

That's true! I guess when your showing a house, everywhere has to be clean! I am so glad you closer to me!

shelbrz said...

Call me, I don't have your new number. ~Shelby

John and Ashley said...

It was so good to hear from you finally. I hope you've gotten settled, I can't wait to see pictures.