Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Why I Love My Girls

I love the random things my girls do, say, and wear. Here are a few examples:

Channing does...
She loves collecting pieces of paper, brochures, comment cards, receipts, credit card applications from stores, basically anything that she can use as directions, instructions, an invitation to a special party or a treasure map. I love that she does this. She will find something and carry it around for days. I've posted this picture before but notice what she has in her hand. It's a comment card from Kohls.

Channing Says...
Prayer by Channing: Dear Heavenly Father, We're thankful for our day and our breakfast. Please bless it that it will be healthy for our bodies, well...not the Marshmellow Mateys because they have a lot of sugar in them.

Prayer by Channing: Dear Heavenly Father, We're grateful that we have a nice home to live in so we don't have to live, like outside or at the zoo.

Channing Wears...

My Little Rock Star:

Mail Lady Channing and her helper Chloe:

Girls In Boots:


Chloe Does...
Chloe went through a phase where she licked everything. I am so amazed she wasn't sick all the time. I wrote down a few of the things I witnessed her lick. Who knows what else there was that I never saw?
1. Ryan's IPOD
2. Kitchen floor (it wasn't even freshly mopped)
3. Channing's tap shoe
4. The carpet(I bet that was a sad surprise, a mouth full of fuzz)
5. The entire lenghth of my arm(she's quick, she got all the way up my arm before I could pull it away)
6. Ryan's hand
7. The hairy part of the hair brush
8. Channing's arm(what's with the arms?)
9. Bottom of her own shoe
10. Wal-Mart grocery cart(The worst of all in my book. What is it about Wal-mart carts that make me cringe to touch them and she LICKED it.)
11. Brand new computer monitor. Story: We bought a new computer and Ryan was taking it out of the box and checking to see that all the parts were there. He walked out of the room for a minute and came back to this:



Chloe says...

The girls got balloons at the store and were playing with them in my room. Chloe let hers go and it floated right into the fan. It made a horrible thumping sound as it was getting whipped around and tangled up. There was a small freakout by both girls and then I saw Chloe on her knees: Dear Henly-a-Father, please bless my balloon doesn't get windy in the fan.

Chloe wears...

Her favorite socks:

My goggle-eyed ballerina:

16 comments:

Abby said...

Priceless! I'm glad too that you don't live, like, at the zoo:) And I'm cracking up over the licking. Thank you for that post--still laughing. p.s. Can we bethrothe sp? our children? They're both so dang cute, I don't care which one he gets! (Did that sound creepy to anyone else?)

Lindsay said...

I am laughing at the zoo comment. Once again your girls are soooo adorable.

Melynda said...

What a cute post! I loved it! Your girls are such cuties.

The Staub Squad said...

Oh, we love your girls too!!

T said...

That is hilarious. I love that you kept track of everything she licked (and even took a picture) because that is going to be such a funny memory when she gets older. Chloe is looking so grown up! Did you make those cute bracelets for the girls that have their name on them? I am getting so anxious to see them! I laughed really hard at their heartfelt prayers. Such a great post! I will probably be back several times in the next few days, because it is one I will read over and over again

Moke said...

I love that you write these things down, like what Chloe had licked and what they said in their prayer, and even took pictures. I also liked that Choles prayer was to Henly-a-father. They are so funny I can't wait to see them!!

John and Ashley said...

That is the cutest thing I've ever heard. Partly because Macie was a licker. Wonder if that's a 2nd child thing. I can't wait 'til Johnny gets home so I can have him read this. It reminds me of a funny e-mail, I would definately forward this one.

Burk Family said...

I loved the pictures and miss those girls. Carter still puts everything in his mouth. I have to say "Carter, is that food? No. Do we eat (insert object). No. Then spit it out" about 10 times a day. I really thought he'd outgrow this by now.
I hear you have been busy- scampering about the country all by yourself. Must be nice! :)

Adri and Cory said...

Oh my gosh Amber Cory and I were both laughing so hard! I love listening to the little ones say prayers! Kodi and Dagen still are blessing Uncle Michael on his mission and wanting to take stuff to him on his mission. I love the computer picture too. It looks like she got a FEW good licks in! Way cute post! I too will probably be back several times!

Bertie said...

Such a cute cute post! That is SOO funny about the computer screen:) Your girls are just adorable!

sheriee staub said...

She licked my leg the other day when she was playing "Chloe Cat" at grandmas. It was pretty cute really, but I felt sorry for her because these legs haven't seen a razor for two weeks now. I love ALL the stuff you wrote, and I love their precious comments and prayers. I am so lucky to be here to see and hear a lot. Two special little girls.
Love, G'ma

sheriee staub said...

I forgot to say that Channing likes the card things that come in the middle of the magazines we take. I love how she collects all these things because her dad used to do the same exact thing. He always had a secret stash of little "treasures". I recognize the rock star dress up clothes from my house. I think the favorite socks look like some I gave them for Halloween. Are they?

Stephanie said...

What a fun post to read! They are so cute and have such great personalities too. You guys must do a good job teaching them about prayer.

John and Ashley said...

I'm still laughing about your post and I have told everyone with access to a computer to get on and read it (hope that's OK). I was just thinking today that one of the things my kids like to collect are the paint sample cards from Wal-mart, the paint store, home depot... I purposely try to avoid walking by that section of the store because it takes them so long to decide on what colors they want.

shelbrz said...

OMG, i'm rolling!!!! The prayer are a riot & I love the computer screen! Your girls are hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Yea I would have to to agree that the Wal Mart carts is the worst thing to lick! Your girls are so funny!