Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Weekend in Atlanta

I flew to Atlanta last weekend to be there for my nephew's baptism. My brother who was on a mission in North Carolina was coming home that same weekend so he flew to Atlanta to be there with us all. It was a GREAT few days.

Here we are at the airport waiting for Michael to arrive. 3 of my sisters were there, my parents, and of course my sister and her kids who live in Atlanta.
He was really surprised when he saw us all. He was only expecting my parents and Tiffany to be there. We had a great day eating, shopping, and hanging out.

Corbin was baptized on Saturday. He was really excited. I was glad I could be there for his special day.


Channing and Chloe had so much fun with daddy while I was gone. They played in the pool, went to the movies, ate out for dinner, and had a fun day at Grandma and Papa's. I'm not sure how much they really missed me. Ryan had the house all clean and the girls bathed and ready for church when I got home Sunday morning. Everything went smoothly, well almost...


On one of their excursions there was an incident that involed pizza, Chloe, and a chair. The result was this nice black eye.
I am thankful for a wonderful husband who was willing, and loved being Mr. Mom for a few days.

14 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ryan saves the day! What an awesome dad! I think leaving makes them appreciate you even more. So glad you got to hang out with your fam. I miss mine!

Bertie said...

Oh- poor Chloe- I don't know how I missed that on Sunday! Looks like you had a great time in Atlanta and the girls had a great time at home with Ryan.

Moke said...

That is such a sweet husband to have everything ready for when you came home! Poor little Chlo! It doesn't seem to effect her now.

Moke said...

looks like she has purple eyeshadow on. just put some on the other eye and you would think that she was playing in the make up.

Melynda said...

I'm so glad you got to spend a little time with your family. It sounds like Ryan did a great job.

John and Ashley said...

That sounds like so much fun. Johnny is so good to take my kids also, and isn't it nice to get a break every once in a while. I think it's good for everyone. Good for you, him and the kids.

Adri and Cory said...

Poor Chole! I thought it was make-p till I read the caption. At least she still has the eye!!! It was very nice for Ryan to have everything done and ready when you got home. It just makes the week go alot smoother.

shelbrz said...

What a fun weekend! Poor Chloe, quite the shiner there, kids find the weirdest was to get black eyes. You look awesome girl!

Stevie and Meesha said...

looks like she got a pretty good little shiner. That is one to brag about!

Melanie Rossi said...

Your sister is so cute and looks just like you! And your brother is so cute too!

Anonymous said...

Poor Chloe... Lauren has a matching one (you don't want to know)! I'm glad you got to get away-- you deserve a break! Love Angie

sheriee staub said...

The cutest thing was Chloe telling about the eye incident with her cute little "accent" - for lack of a better word. "Gwamma, we went to CiCi's pizza, and I fell on the chaiw and my eye is poople"(purple). It matched her dress that day. We all missed you Amber but happy you got to go. Oh, and someone MUST have trained your husband really well-winkwink:)

T said...

Are you not surprised that Chloe is the one that gets the first black eye? Something tells me this probably is not an isolated incident. Lil' firecracker! Can't wait to squeeze them both!

Anonymous said...

That's fun that you got to surprise your brother and spend time with the fam! It's always nice to come home to a clean house too!