Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Week In The Life Of...

MONDAY:
Memorial Day when I was growing up was a day for us kids to spend with grandpa and grandma. We would decorate graves of great grandparents, great aunts and uncles, and cousins we never met. We would hear the story about the aunt who died giving birth to twins. The babies also died and she is buried with one in each arm. After deorating the graves and hearing all the stories we would finish the day with a special treat at the store. I love my memories of this special day with my grandparents.
Ryan and I took the girls to a local cemetary to let them see what people do on Memorial Day. We each told them a story of our grandparents. It was a nice morning.


TUESDAY:
Chloe finished her swimming lessons today. She took swimming lessons from one of my young women and did great. It took her a little while to want to do it, but once she realized it was fun and not torture, she loved it. This is her jumping and swimming at our pool:




WEDNESDAY:
The girls had dentist appointments today. They did great. Channing has been several times and actually looks forward to her visits. This was Chloe's first time. She looked so tiny sitting in the big dental chair. She was a big girl and the hygienist was able to clean her teeth without any resistance. She even let the dentist count her teeth. The best part of course was the new toothbrush and the goody bag full of toys.



THURSDAY:
We had school at our house today. We were learning about spiders so I took the kids outside on a spider hunt. Chloe was screaming that she found a lizard and this is what we saw.

I'm not sure what it is, so if anyone knows, fill me in. It was about 4-5 inches long. I had a jar and I wanted to catch it so we could get a good look at it. As I was trying to catch it, it sprayed some milky substance all over in the jar. The kids and I all looked inside and got the most horrific wiff of nasty I have ever smelled. It stung my throat and all the kids' eyes were watering. Not the most successsful spider hunt.

Channing is on a swim team this year and is really enjoying it. She had a practice swim meet today. Her first real meet is in one week. It's cute to see these little kids jumping at the sound of the horn and racing to the other end of the pool. My camera only had room for a small video so here she is swimming. She is in the second lane from the right. The first time you watch it, watch Channing and then watch it again and pay attention the little girl on the far right...so cute!

FLASHBACK FRIDAY:
I realize now that I don't have as many baby vidoes of Chloe. I guess it's that whole 2nd child thing.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Your girls are about the cutest thing ever! The swimming is impressive. They are so little but swimming like adults. So cute!

Abby said...

What a fun mom you are! I am pretty disturbed by the bug thing, but impressed you wanted to catch it and study it. Rock on.

T said...

Honey, that shoe ain't nuthin compared to Aunt Tiff's. I can't believe how well Chloe and Channing can swim! I need to get Brityn and Boston in swimming! That little girl in the right lane reminds me of me. I have a hard time getting in, and it has to happen very slowly, and gradually. Especially if the water is below 85 degrees. I was laughing really hard at the bug incident. So funny!

Moke said...

I agree with Tiff on how well the girls swim! I thought swim meets were just for older kids. I didn't know they had them for younger kids Channings age! It makes her seem so much older because she is swimming so well. I can just imagine the scene of you trying to catch the bug then opening it up for all of the kids to see and their eyes start watering and throats start burning. Ha ha ha. I hate insects, way to go on catching it!

Bertie said...

WOW- you had a busy week! I love your Memorial Day ideas! - What fun memories you have and that you are creating with your kids too:)

Stephanie said...

That was a sweet post, what a special memory you have about Memorial day. You make being a mom look like such a great adventure, not that it isn't. You just make moms look good, what good ideas you have and lucky girls!

The Staub Squad said...

I can't believe how well Channing is swimming. Logan has completely forgotten how to swim. I took the boys swimming last week in CO and Ben is fearless. I am worried about going to the lake with my two. Yikes.

Stevie and Meesha said...

They look like they are having so much fun:) They are adorable and their swimming skills are incredible! And about the bug I have no idea what it is, but from what you said it did to you I am not sure I want to find out!!:)

Anonymous said...

You do a great job of taking pictures and videos of the girls! I can't believe what an awesome swimmer Chloe has become! My girls enjoyed your blog too! Love, Angie

sheriee staub said...

WE WANT A NEW ENTRY -- WE WANT A NEW ENTRY--WE WANT A NEW ENTRY--WE WANT A NEW ENTRY!