Sunday, April 26, 2009

Easter weekend 2009

For Easter this year we decided to camp out in our backyard. The girls loved helping Ryan set up the tent.



They gathered sleeping bags and bakpacks filled with pajamas, special sleeping blankets, and a flashlight.




I cooked tinfoil dinners inthe oven and Ryan set up the TV outside so we could watch a movie while we ate. The girls thought it was so cool to have our TV outside.
Channing said, "This is the best night!"



The girls participated in not one,







not two,

but three Easter egg hunts.

It was a beautiful Easter weekend in which we were able to reflect on the sacrifice out Savior made for us and the blessings we receive from that event.

11 comments:

Andrea said...

What a fun idea. I can't believe how grown up your girls look. They are gorgeous already!

T said...

That last picture of the girls in their Easter dresses makes me tear up. They look so grown up! Camping in the yard is a fun idea! My kids think it's the best day when I let them eat UNDER the table instead of ON the table. So glad they are still easily entertained. I know the days are coming when that will come to an end. Looks like a fun time!

Adri and Cory said...

What a fun idea! That is somethin my kids would love too if it wasn't so blasted cold here still! Their dresses are gorgeous! They do look all grown up in that picture!

Elise said...

Enjoy that moment they will soon be too old for that. They look beautiful in their easter dresses.

Mandi said...

The girls in their Easter attire are way cute. What fun memories for the girls. My husband might go for that kind of camping with all the enmities so close.

Stephanie said...

Wow, your girls are looking so grown up! I love the camping idea, what a fun Easter.

Olsen_Family said...

It looks like you guys had a fun Easter. That was such a good idea to have a camp out in your back yard, and it sounds like your kids enjoyed it too.

Jen Petty said...

Looks like the campout was a big hit. I could tell the girls were excited about it. Elia bugged Eric that night about sleeping outside.

John and Ashley said...

What a fun idea. I'm always amazed at how easily they are amused.

Stevie and Meesha said...

Sounds like so much fun:) The girls easter dresses are adorable! I love them. I would have to agree with Channing it would be the best night ever! I bet they were pumped to have 3 easter egg hunts..i know I would be! Can't wait to see you guys!

sheriee staub said...

They both looked beautiful in their Easter dresses, and I am so happy we got to see them have an egg hunt. It was much fun, and thanks for dinner.
Love to all - Papa and Grandma