Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Simple Things

I love that kids appreciate the simple things. It usually doesn't take much to make a child happy. This video is a great example. Listen to Chloe laughing.


The Simple Things my girls love:
1. Eating lunch outside
2. Helping me water the flowers
3. Going to the park
4. Snack Time
5. Family Home Evening
6. ANY family activity!
7. Their neighbor friends, Mallory and Samantha
8. Movie and popcorn night
9. Lip stuff (chapstick, lip gloss, etc.)
10. Sugar cereal on Saturday morning
11. Walking to the gas station for a treat!!!
12. Receiving fun holiday boxes from Grandma & Grandpa Stream
13. Going to young women's with me
14. Playing at Grandma & Papa's house
15. Dressing up and dancing around while I play the piano
16. Daddy honking his car horn to let us know he's home

What are some of the simple things your kids love?

8 comments:

Moke said...

That is so cute how simple little things make a big difference. I your background by the way! I can't wait to see you guys soon! only 3 more months!

Bertie said...

Your little girls are so SUPER cute!
I love your simple things list:) they joys of being a mom- are definitely found in the simple things our children love!

One simple thing ALL my children love to do- is crack an egg into a bowl- they find such joy in it!:)

T said...

That is so funny! And sometimes the more you laugh the funnier it is. I remember that feeling. What sweet little princesses you have.

Bertie-I am totally with you on the egg thing. My kids beg to make cookies and scrambled eggs so that they can each crack an egg. But, do you think anyone actually eats the end product? Not really.

Stephanie said...

I love watching that, it is so sweet. And when did Chloe get so big? That is a great list, I do think the things I remember with Ashley are the little daily things sometimes more than when we try to plan something big for her. But, I'm sure my list is just beginning to start.

Abby said...

I'm so excited to have found you in the blogosphere--finally. I'm a dork for not checking that email. Your family is so beautiful, and I''m enjoying catching up on all that's been going on!
Hm...simple pleasures--Cubby is content to be in his undies bc then he looks like Mogely, and he acts out scenes from Jungle Book. (He seriously needs time in his undies in between wardrobe changes to play Mogely...)

The Staub Squad said...

So true, Logan and Ben had balloons the other day and were entertained for seriously hours. Yeah, balloons.

Melynda said...

Your girls are so sweet. I love Chloe's laugh! What a great simple things list.

A simple thing Rechelle loves to do is clean the lint out of the dryer. She'll get mad at me if I don't let her do it.

Both Isaac and Rechelle love to crack eggs or use the measuring cups.

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

I guess Kylee loves milk. I went private, let me know what your e-mail address is and I'll invite you. annaleehunsaker@hotmail.com