Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Cruise

Ryan and I left Thursday afternoon on a 4 day cruise and returned Monday afternoon. We had a great day at sea on Friday where we ate way too much food and spent the majority of the day relaxing on deck, reading and napping. I took the book "Twilight" and read the whole thing during our days at sea. I loved it! Saturday we arrived in Cozumel, Mexico.

We walked around a little and bargained with several people on the price of a rental car. One guy told us he would get us a Mexican Ferrari convertible for the day. That sounded great to me. The thought of us driving down the coastline in a nice convertible, with the wind blowing in our, well my hair, was very appealing. Now I knew it wouldn't really be a Ferrari but I wasn't expecting this:

It was a lot of fun though and once Ryan found reverse we were off.

We drove along the coast and stopped at a couple different beaches to snorkel. One of the beaches we went to we took a tour boat out to snorkel 2 great reefs. We saw 2 Stingrays, 1 big Manta ray, a sea turtle, a few Barracuda fish, a big Lobster and lots of other beautiful fish. I love snorkeling! After our snorkeling excursion we did some shopping to find the girls a little souvenir. This is the advertisement we saw in one of the shops. See if you can find the error.

On Sunday we had another great relaxing day at sea. The food was great and I couldn't stay away from the 24 hour soft serve ice cream machine. I think I went through withdrawals the first day we were back.

What a great vacation! Ryan and I loved the time away but we were also happy to see our little girls on Monday.

13 comments:

Burk Family said...

I am SOOOOOO jealous. I have been BEGGING Spencer to take me on a cruise for 5 years. 5 YEARS!! Sounds like you had a great, relaxing time. Isn't Twilight a wonderful read? I loved it. I'm on Eclipse right now. New Moon is pretty un-eventful and not my fav so far, but you've got to read it. You're too much invested in the whole story not to, now!

The Staub Squad said...

I thought about you guys on your cruise and how while I was making dinner y'all were being served the best. How fun. Was the mistake on the sign how it said at the top "all t-shirts 4.99" then at the bottom it said, "Only white t-shirts?"

Bertie said...

How fun!! I'm jealous too:)
Oh, and the car you rode around in Mexi town- is my dream car! I'm serious- I want a red vintage convertible bug!! (in pristine condition of course)

I'm sad you didn't get to go snorkeling in Galveston- Cozumel is NOTHING compared to Galveston!;)

Behling Family said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!! I was laughing pretty hard when I saw your ride. I guess at least you had something to get around in right? What is the mistake? Where it says only white t-shirts? I bet the girls missed your tons, and were excited to see you.

Leslie said...

fun! good for you, taking off alone!

Andrea said...

How fun! That little "Mexican Ferrari" is hilarious.
FYI, New Moon is better the second time around. I love reading that series.

T said...

What could be better than 24 hour all you can eat soft serve ice cream? You guys saw some cool stuff snorkeling. Barracudas? That's kind of scary! I laughed when you said "When Ryan finally found reverse....". Regarding Twilight: New Moon is harder to get through than the first, but hang in there because Eclipse is really good. Welcome to the addiction! I am glad you guys had such a good time. You deserved it!

Benjamin Hunsaker said...

You guys look great, how fun! We went on a cruise too and went to Cozumel. That is HILARIOUS b/c we saw the exact same sign and took a pic of it as well.

Melanie Rossi said...

Hey, I'm so glad you got to take off! Isn't it fun to get away?! I've always wanted to take a cruise, but Jared's not interested for some reason.

Moke said...

You always get so many people to comment on your blog! The cruise Mom, Dad, Stevie, Michael, and I went on wasn't that great for little kids. I want to go on another one now that I am older and can do more things! Is the mistake the "only white t-shirts"? Well I also have a life long dream to go to europe! I just really want to go travel, and I kind of want to do it now so I don't have to worry about kids. I just have to convince Scott!

Stevie and Meesha said...

That looks like it was so much fun! The snorkeling would be the best part for me, I absolutely love it. Not to mention Stevie almost drowning because he was having struggles breathing through his snorkel! I hope to go on a cruise later because I think it would be a blast! All you can eat ice cream sounds very good right now:)

sheriee staub said...

Yea- And while you were eating ice cream and relaxing, grandma Sheriee was climbing up in the "gerbil" tubes at McDonalds trying to rescue a screaming (Grandma,help me) little Chloe. The trauma!!!!!!!! We all had to have a nap that day. Pretty delightful girls but was happy a time or two that "The Nanny" has taught us all about a little "time out":) I caught the typo in the sign right off the bat.
G'ma Sheriee

T said...

Sheriee- That is hilarious! The joys and surprises of being a grandma!