Thursday, September 3, 2009

Summer Days

Hats off to a great summer!

Here is a summary of our summer. I figured this is the best way to make up for all the posts I haven't written.

My brother Michael's wedding.

My brother got married in May to this beauty, Kylee. They are so cute together and I'm excited to have another great sister-in-law in the family.


Staub Family Reunion at Artesian Lakes


We had a fun family reunion at Artesian Lakes with the Staub family. Cool cabins, fun swimming, lots of alligators, and quality family time. It was fun having all the cousins there together.


Channing's dance recital.

What a cute group of girls with an awesome teacher. Thanks Angie!

Trips to the Zoo and Children's Museum with our friends the Petty's.





Swim Team


Swim Team

and more swim team!!!
(I thought it would never end)

The girls enjoyed it and did so well. I was hoping that Chloe would be able to swim the length of the pool by the end of the season but she did it by the 2nd swim meet. We were so proud of her. Channing had another great year and won her first, 1st place ribbon. What a great season. Good job girls.

(Chloe in the middle lane)

(Channing in lane 6)



Vacation Bible School

The girls attended a week of vacation bible school at Fisher's of Men, which is where Channing went to preschool last year. The theme was "God the Builder" and now I can't sing the Bob the Builder song without singing it God the Builder, not that I sing the song often in the first place. The girls learned some fun religious songs and sang them for weeks. Here's Chloe performing one of her favorites.




4th of July.
We spent the 4th of July weekend at the lake house. Vern and Sheriee hosted the 2nd annual Freedom Swim and had about 80 people participate. It seems like a good start to a great tradition.


(Check out the sweet prom pose from Chloe and Ben...hilarious!)



The kids had fun with sparklers and a few other fireworks on the dock and then we enjoyed a beautiful firework show right on the lake.



Chloe hates loud noises and sat like this most of the evening.



A visit from the Wade cousins.

My sister came for a visit and brought her 3 kids. We had a blast.

We played.


We swam.




We face painted at the Children's Museum.


And probably best of all, we sipped snow cones by the pool...thanks Sheriee!

What a great summer! Stay tuned for what happened after our summer ended.

15 comments:

Olsen_Family said...

It looked like you guys had a fun summer. There were so many cute pictures. I loved the one of the girls with their ribbons from swimming. It looked like they were so proud. I also loved Chloes song. When I see things like that it makes me so sad that we are not closer. I really need to come and visit.

Mandi said...

Looks like you guys had a pretty eventful summer. Your girls are amazing swimmers loved watching the videos. The song and dance cracked me up. Glad you see you posting again. I love to see how everyone is doing.

Stevie and Meesha said...

YAY FOR A POST:) lol...look like you guys had a blast this summer. I love watching the girls swim that is amazing that they can do that! Stevie is now singing the song Chloe performed and he will not stop:) Loved and we can't wait to see what happened after your summer was over!!

T said...

Chloe's little voice cracks me up. So grown up, that lil' squirt. I love the "prom pose". I really love the sequence of pictures of the Staub family reunion (even though they are not on this post). Those still make me laugh out loud. Thanks for posting...and not giving up just because it has been to long!!

Bertie said...

So cute!! I love your little girls! Chloe is SO ready to be on star search! Hilarious:) We still haven't found my kids a new piano teacher- but they are practicing what Ms. Amber taught them:) You'll be a tough replacement! :)

Adri and Cory said...

Yay.....a new post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am sooo proud of the girls at their swim meets! That is amazing! Especially little Chloe! What a busy summer,but fun! I wish one of MY sisters would come visit me? Keep posting!

Elise said...

Looks like you had a busy busy summer... Now that it has flown by I am already missing it... Your girls are so cute...

Abby said...

Such a fun-filled summer! I am sad that we don't get to play. Could they be any more beautiful? (Or sassy? That song was quite funny.) So amazed at their swimming abilities. I've been trying to get Cubby into a class, and after seeing those videos I remain determined!
Where are the pictures of the cute mom behind the camera?

sheriee staub said...

Superb summery of summer. It has been a great one. All of the pics are wonderful. It was fun reliving Chloe's little body getting down that long pool. Both girls are turning out to be such good swimmers. Grandma loves when they come over for swimming time and snow cones. Thanks for the blog - it was such a treat.
Love, Sheriee

Burk Family said...

What a fun summer! I looked at this a while ago but never commented, so here i am :)
I love the pics and Chloe's song is awesome. Next thing you know she'll be up on stage like her Aunt Hay in HS :)

Unknown said...

Amber is lying...she sings 'Bob the Builder' almost nonstop.
-Ryan

John and Ashley said...

Looks and sounds like tons of fun. your girls are so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Good catch up!

Behling Family said...

I am jealous, you finally posted a new post. i am still on the same Christmas one. Fun summer stuff. I love the video. It is so cute. I just want to squeeze her. They are getting so big. Tell the girls good job at swimming. That is awesome. They might need to give Dace a few pointers :) Hope to see you guys soon.

Stephanie said...

They are so cute, and so proud of Channing's first place, what a competitor!